If you missed last weekend, it’s right here. This weekend, we:
- Went to another concert – this time, Ozomatli at the Echoplex
- Had some time to socialize with Ms. Escobedo during the show. Hooray for teacher talk!
- Got free Legalize LA shirts at the show
- Ate chili-cheese fries at Original Tommy’s historic restaurant. I could feel my arteries clogging. (sidenote: everything seems to be historic down here)
- Visited the La Brea Tar Pits
- Went to the Beverly Hills Farmer’s Market
- Got some great frozen yogurt from Pinkberry. Didier’s has some competition!
- Window-shopped at an Apple store in The Grove, a ritzy shopping center.
- Saw our friend Susanna (she came over to stay the night)
- Went to Venice Beach
- Put our feet in the ocean
- Saw a bunch of crazy street performers, including one guy who did a backflip over five kids
- Walked about halfway to Muscle Beach, then decided it was too far; cleary, we do not belong at Muscle Beach
- Ate some lousy $1.99 pizza
- Watched the sunset over Venice Beach
- Went to Susanna’s place in Santa Clarita with Barrett and Tyler
- Ate at a decent Indian restaurant (it’s no Manas)
- Made up a bunch of words in a Scrabble game
- Noticed that a few of my Jan Term Journal posts were picked up by So You Want to Teach?. Thanks, Joel.
- Stayed the night at Susanna’s
- Watched the sunrise
- Took the Metrolink train back into LA
- Spent MLK day chilling, napping, recovering from the weekend, and getting ready for my last three days of school at St. Columbkille!
Speaking of MLK, I think it’s important to watch this on his day:
See you next time. Hope you enjoyed your day and spent some time ruminating on Martin Luther King, Jr’s contributions to our country. Enjoy the inauguration tomorrow; I’m hoping to catch it live, but if not, we’ll always have YouTube.